Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stop Typing Start Swyping

I have been playing with the latest version of Swype on my N8 from Ovi Store for the past 24 hours and to tell the truth, its a great experience.

N8 is my first touchscreen device, so I had no idea about what a good qwerty keyboard means. I had read in many forums that the Swype keyboard is better than the keyboard whick comes 'built in' with N8. So I decided to give it a go. And my goodness its superb. Swiping is a lot more easy that typing. You just need some practice. I can now write 20 words per minute with just a day of practice.
Swype allows you to enter a word
by sliding a finger from letter
to letter, lifting only between words It uses error-correcting algorithms and a language model to guess the intended word. It also includes a tapping predictive text system in the same interface. If you are reading this, its my request to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...